Thursday, January 20, 2011

EDEC- Day 1

The first day of Kindergarten was well, interesting to say the least. The things that the students say really crack me up. The best quote of the day came at lunch when one of the kids said, "Man, these burritos make me fart like crazy. Fart, fart, fart, fart, fart. Beans, beans, they're good for your heart. The more you eat 'em the more you fart!" I held in my laughter until I got into the teacher's lounge when I told Claire about it. It was definitely the pick-me-up I needed to get through the rest of the really, really, long day.

As far as classroom stuff, I got my own group to help for math and writing rotations and I was actually introduced to the class! (Quite refreshing from last semester!) I also had the joy of learning all of the classroom management techniques like "spoons in a bowl," "criss-cross-applesauce," and my favorite, "lips and hips." I noticed quite quickly that with Kindergarteners that it is all about repetition and routine!

Well, I just noticed it's 9 p.m. Only 8 hours and 15 minutes until it's up-and-at-'em.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the little ones are so amazing (and sometimes exhausting, too!) Their minds just overflow with ideas and humor and curiosity. You'll find many of these smile-inducing moments this semester. Hope tomorrow finds you bright and feeling happy!

    ReplyDelete